Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I wish I was a dog

This dog to be more precise. My puppy Bonnie. Yes, she has the good life, basking in the sun, bird watching, ice cube eating, sleeping all day (and all night), chewing on stuffies. I would love to be a dog. I'm 20 years old and I'm feeling completely and utterly burned out. I'm tired of school, I'm tired of working all the time. I'm just tired. All the time. I go to school full time 3 days a week Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I work 30 hours a week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I always close varying from anywhere between 1:30 pm to 11:00 pm, never anything different even when my availability is open to anytime during the day. I can also let my managers know this until I'm blue in the face and it doesn't do anything. I just waste my time. I've been working at the same job for almost 5 years. And let me tell you something about working at Publix: you get to see just how inconsiderate people are... and the worst (absolute WORST) part about it? There's nothing you can do, someone could yell in your face and you're expected to keep calm and smile and act professional. People are so sarcastic and rude! Some people should just do the world a favor and never come out in public. Oh and the men... ha! If I had a quarter for every time some man that I didn't even know called me "cutie", "sweety", "baby", "darling", or "honey" I'd be freakin' rich! Those types of names are reserved for family and longtime boyfriend, thanks. It irritates me up to no end! Ok, granted, some times I'm called that in an... I don't know... I guess a nice friendly sort of way? Like they don't mean anything by it, but mostly not. I wear a name tag people! Use it! Ohh yes another thing.... again with the whole if I had a quarter for every time some guy blatantly stared at my chest? I'd be even more rich! My uniform is not flattering at all... it gives me no shape whatsoever, plus they shouldn't be doing that anyways. This is something I've noticed a lot lately and it bothers me. You know what's funny? Most of them are old enough to be my Dad... or my Grandpa.
Something else, can someone please tell me why the Lottery is SO important to old people? Why waste your money at 9:56 at night... 4 minutes before we close... and complain that it's not 10 yet and you want them now... even though the scratch-offs are gone... and there isn't a pan for it anymore. Why did you wait till the last minute to buy them the night of the drawing with 4 minutes to closing time?!! All I've gotta say is I'm glad I wasn't the one up there.
I feel like all I do is rant and rave in here anymore. I'm sorry about that. It's just nothing really exciting happens. I work, I go to school, I sleep (sometimes), and then it repeats. Fridays, Sundays and Mondays are my favorite days out of the week. Friday because I hang out with my friend Katie and we always have a good time. And Sundays and Mondays because that's the two days a week I get to spend with Justin. Still not moved in together... still working on it. That's why sometimes I wish I was a dog... no school, no work, no money problems, no worries

2 comments:

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

Its all good to vent! A blog is the place to do it!! :D

Love you tons
Oh we get tons of characters at Costco too...:D

The Blonde Duck said...

I wrote a children's book called If I was a Dog!