Friday, March 13, 2009

Problems at home.

My family is very important to me, I love them to the ends of the universe and back. We pretty much always get along. Granted, we're not one of those creepy stepford wives kinda family, we have our occasional arguments and I'm not going to lie, it's normally between my mother and i or my brother and my mom. I don't know why that is, but 9 times out of 10 that's the way it goes. Aaaand this time it's my turn to have the confrontation. But it's not my fault! Now, I know what you're thinking... sure it is, I'm the "kid" it's mostly always the "kids" fault. Well not this time! But first, some back story.

Yesterday (Thursday) Justin and I got into a little fight. Because of that I used my phone a lot (this is a very important fact that will come into play later on). Thus, when I got to work, I told my Mom about it because I like to talk to my Mom and she can always tell when somethings bothering me (even when I say no). Justin was coming down from Tampa to see me to make things better. Mom asked me to call her after my break and tell her how everything went (he was staying down and was going to come to my break). I said that I would and I did. After my break (Justin and I talked everything out and all is well!) I called my Mom to tell her that Justin was staying down here and that after work (now this is VERY IMPORTANT) I was going to be staying with him. She asked me if I was going straight over, I said no that I was going to come home, get a shower, change, get a change of clothes for tomorrow and leave. She said OK. Thus, after work I called Justin to let him know I was off work and that I would text him when I was on my way to his house. By this time, my phone was giving me the sad beep sound telling me that it was dying. I got home and my Mom was asleep in the chair in the living room, so I went to my room and proceeded to back a little over night bag, I then took a nice, long, hot shower. When I got out, I looked and she was still sleeping so I took my stuff and left. I got to Justin's house and my phone died. So I plugged it in.

I wake up this morning to not one but THREE voicemails from my mother wondering where I was. So now I'm angry mostly because of the voicemails... "You could have some consideration for your family and turn your phone on." So I call her at work and I know she's angry... here's how our conversation went down:
Me: "I told you where I was going and what I was doing."
Mom: "You said you were coming home."
Me: "I did come home, I took a shower, and got my clothes. Are you mad at me?"
Mom: "No."
Me: "Tell me if you're mad."
Mom: "I have to go."
Me: "Bye."
And I hung up. Somewhere in there I told her my phone died, which it did because I used it a lot that day and I don't have a car charger for that phone yet because it's new and I need to get it from the Verizon store. Uuuuugggghhhh. It's so frustrating because I did everything I was supposed to do! I'm 20 years old! Does she think I would deliberately not answer my phone or something? I told her exactly what I was doing and where I was going. I don't know what more I could have done. I didn't see the point in waking her up because I told her.

So I came home said Hi to my Dad and she said nothing. So I went into the kitchen and said Hi and asked her about her dinner with her friends. All I got was a very short Hi and a Fine. Ok, well I know she's mad so I go and talk to my Dad for a little then I say Good night and give him a kiss then go to the kitchen and say Good night to her and again with the shortness. I kiss her and hug her and get a half hug back. I turn around and go to my bedroom. I'm wondering what it's going to be like tomorrow at work... at least she's not closing with me... that could have been interesting.

On the other hand Justin and I had a fabulous day! We looked at a few apartments!! We're looking to move in together by June! I'm so beyond excited because we can afford these places and they're in a really nice part of town! Yay for moving forward!

1 comment:

The Blonde Duck said...

Ugh. I hate it when my Mom is mad at me. It makes me physically ill when anyone is mad at me.