Friday, March 6, 2009

Whoa...

My town is turning into the ghetto... or something. I'll tell you why. I live in a little town in Florida, nothing EVER happens in my town. I know, I've lived here all 20 years of my life. Lately, that's started to change. For example, a few months ago every cop in my town (including SWAT) flocked to my neighborhood because some guy had a shot gun and threatened to shoot anyone he saw... yeah that guy was in a house behind and to the right of mine and across the street. Traffic couldn't get into the neighborhood, out, or past my street. Don't get the wrong idea, I live in a nice neighborhood... I mean, you know, it's not all humongous houses or gated... but i have about two acres of yard and there's enough space between the houses to where you don't have to turn sideways to get by. But yes the cops got him and no he didn't shoot anyone.

The main reason why I'm writing this blog is because of today. There were cops every 50 feet and a helicopter circling in the air. What could have happened today? Someone was shot to death (http://www.bradenton.com/847/story/1275978.html) at a motel in town not even 10 minutes from my house. I just don't understand the world sometimes.... ok.... most of the time.

2 comments:

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

woah!!!!! That's nuts! B-town turning into a ghetto no way!

The Blonde Duck said...

Holy crap! The recession is bringing out the crazies!