Monday, March 2, 2009

One interesting weekend

Hello gang, I have lots to report!

Friday
Was Justin's birthday (the big 25!), I did a little more birthday shopping for him, got him this really nice jacket from American Eagle, a shirt from Buckle (just one! those things are expensive!), he also got a movie which he already knew he was getting because he was with me when I bought it and last, the thing that I was really excited for, an FM transmitter for his iPod. I was really proud/excited that I thought of that because a little while ago his CD player in his car went out and he's been listening to the radio. I figured he'd really like it and get a good bit of use out of it. Especially since he has one of those 8 million gigabyte ones. I think he liked it.

Shopping took a little longer than I wanted and I had to get home, change, pack, and drive up to Tampa (without speeding) because we were all going out to Lee Roy Selmon's for his and Leah's (Brian's girlfriend, their birthday's are close) birthdays. It was pretty good but nothing beats Hungry Harry's! We had a very nice time. I got to try this drink called Tampa Tea. It was delicious! Justin ordered it and asked for 3 glasses (it comes in a pitcher), my first alcoholic drink in a restaurant where they didn't ask for my ID! I was excited because Justin told me how tasty it was and boy was it!

Justin had to work at 11 that night so from dinner he dropped me back at the apartment and headed to work. I didn't stay up much longer because we were going to Orlando in the morning.


Saturday
Justin got out of work and called me a little after 7 to wake me up. He brought me my coffee and we were on the road by 8 like I planned. I drove because I wanted him to sleep a little... he didn't. I wish he had but the company was really nice making time go by much quicker. We were meeting my brother, Kyle, and Liz up at the hotel. We made really good time and got there a little past 9. Once we got there we piled into Kyle's Yaris and headed over to the convention center for Megacon (a convention for comics, movies, sci-fi, and anime). This was the first year that I took my boyfriend. I thought he would like the movie part of it so I went out on a limb and invited him. I'm glad I did... it was a lot of fun.

I was really looking for a corset because last year I was talked out of one and decided last year that I would get one this year. Well, I didn't get one because they were too expensive... $299.00 yeeeeaaahhh.... maybe next year. I did get this really cute messenger bag and a pretty tube top dress that can double as a peasant skirt. I love it! It's green but there's different patterns sown together. By 2 o'clock Justin and I were beginning to drag, he had been up for a full 24 hours and I was just tired in general. By the time we left I think we were all tired and were looking forward to a nap before dinner at Ohana's. During the nap, I discovered that my side of the bed squeaked whenever I moved. At the time I didn't think anything of it, but that night I was very annoyed with it. I would want to roll over or shift and the bed would make this obnoxiously loud squeaking noise. I didn't get much sleep that night.


Sunday
Justin and I left Orlando about noonish and got to my house a little after one. As you know, my hair is dyed brown well a little while ago I decided that I wanted the color out. My mom got me a couple "Haircolor removal kits" so I decided I was going to do it Sunday and momma was gonna help. It was bleach. We didn't know that. For a full 30 minutes I was mostly platinum blond. Mom finished washing it out and here's how the conversation went:
Me: "So how's it look?"
Mom: "Um... well... ehhh..."
Me: "Crap, give me the towel." (because Dad and Justin were in the living room)
I walked calmly to the bathroom, my mother in tow... I look in the mirror and begin to laugh hysterically. Most of it was bleached blond, which faded into an odd red color, then faded into the brown I had. Mom was glad that I was laughing at least and not yelling at her. Which is dumb because it wasn't her fault at all. She went and grabbed the phonebook to find a salon so someone could fix it. The bad thing about doing something as crazy as that on Sunday is most places close early or are completely closed and it was past 4. Luckily we found one still open but they closed at 5 so mom drove me down there very fast. Before we left I pulled it all up and put on my bandanna. When we got there the girl asked to see it so I took of the bandanna. "It's not that bad." she said. "It gets worse..." is what i replied as i proceeded to take down my hair. "Oh boy. Ok, so what did you do?" and I told her. She stayed late (an hour and a half after they closed to be exact), she used 4 bowls of dye on my hair until it was good. Or until I said it was good, she would've done more if I didn't like it. Needless to say I learned a lot... color doesn't lift color... and I look pretty good with bleach blond hair... haha!

1 comment:

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh my God! I'm so glad your hair disaster was fixed! I would have been hysterical.