Thursday, July 2, 2009

Update!! =]

Sorry about the length of time between blogs. I type with good news though! Back in April (when my posts came to a screeching halt) I moved up to Tampa and moved in with my boyfriend, Justin. That's right! I got my wish!! These past few months have been amazing.
Two weeks after I moved in, Justin and I had a little bundle of joy....no no not that type of bundle of joy. I mean we adopted a puppy from the Huamane Society of Tampa!

Meet Sulley! This is him at 8 weeks (the first picture I took)This is Sulley at 12 weeks.
14 weeks
Here he is after he got his duclaws taken off. Just to clarify: the duclaw his the claw thats higher up on the dogs paw, kind of like a "thumb" so to speak. Normally the breeder takes these out when the dog is fixed but since we got Sulley from the Humane Society they fix the puppies very young and don't take out the duclaw. Its good to get them removed for one, they hurt! His always dug into my shoulder. #2: They can get caught on things, rip, and get infected. #3: If you forget to trim them with the other nails, that nail can get extremely long and because they don't touch the ground, the nail will curl and stick into the pad which would be very painful. And so, we had them removed. He came home with his little feets all bandaged up like a boxer, doesn't he look too cute? My poor little boy! He couldn't walk for about a day and a half so I brought his food bowl over to him.
Aaaand these are my boys asleep on the couch. I took this one this week. Isn't it just too cute?


So for a long time we didn't have any furniture in the apartment. We slept on an air mattress and laid on the floor. The only bit of furniture we had was a card table and two folding chairs his parent's lent us. Recently however, we were fortunate enough to purchase a livingroom set and an amazing bedroom set (plus a super nice mattress)! The apartment is really coming together nicely. Something I find unusual is that Sulley loves to go underneath the bed... like a cat.


I'll get down on my hands and knees to see what he's doing and sometimes I'll say "Sulley are you a kitty cat?" and he'll bark at me! It's pretty funny. He still has two months before he's half his size.


I'll admit, when Justin and I went to Petco to look at puppies, we had no intention on buying one. That, right there, was our first mistake. NEVER GO "LOOK" AT PUPPIES IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE INTENTION OF BUYING ONE!!! you have been warned! So we stroll on into Petco, not knowing the fate that awaited for us. There was one puppy we saw online that we wanted to check out, but when we got there he had already been adopted. The woman we were speaking with had "Octavious" (aka Sulley) in her arms and she put him down so we could look at the sister of the dog that was already adopted. She was sweet but didn't really have any personality. I turned to look at the dog she had set down and I saw he was bounding like my puppy Bonnie. I asked if I could hold him. BIG MISTAKE #2! He was insanley cute, and when Justin and I took him to one of the aisles to play with him, he put his two front paws on my chest and started licking my face.... that was it.... I was done like dinner. There was no way I was leaving that place without that puppy. And so we went home with him that day. We immediatley changed his name to Sulley (like from Monsters Inc.) We talked about getting a cat and naming him Sulley as a joke so we could also call him Kitty, like Boo does in the movie.


His papers said he was a catahoula leapord dog mix. In case you don't know what that is, it's a breed of cattle dog as you can see he's definetly not spotted, and he doesn't have that blueish fur. He does however, have the long legs and tail. There was a short time after we got him that I was worried we'd have to give him back because he also has some PB in him... pitbull (code name "Peanut Butter") and we're not allowed to have that breed but he doesn't look that much like one anymore. And it says he's a "mix"! =]

No comments: