Friday, February 26, 2010

Ladies....(and gentlemen?)

I AM ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an exciting time to be alive! Justin proposed to me Sunday, Feb. 7th. Yes it was Superbowl Sunday and no it wasn't because the Saints won. He had me completely fooled. You see, we have talked about getting married before but we wanted to wait (and are still waiting) until after I graduate college. I would half joke with him asking him "when are you gonna propose to me????" and he would say "you have to finish school first" in which case I would respond with "buuuuut we can be engaged for a while! People do it all the time!" and normally the conversation would end there. Little did I know he already had my ring! He bought it in June of LAST YEAR! That man is full of surprises!

So anyways, that Sunday we were at a friends house for a Superbowl party. During one of the commercials I had Justin's iPhone and decided to use Safari to play on the Internet. When I pulled the page up, the Kay Jewelers web page was up! I got excited and jumped over to the next couch to show my friend Holly. I wasn't going to say anything about it to Justin because the site could have been up for anything and I didn't wanna get myself all worked up if it turned out to be just a coincidence. Well Holly told her boyfriend who told Justin because THEY ALL KNEW ABOUT IT, and he came over to me later and asked for his phone and I really didn't think anything of it. When we got home later he went into the bedroom and I was in the living room on the computer doing something for school. He was in the room for a while so after I finished what I was doing I went in to see what we was up to. We talked for a while about our relationship and how well we were doing not only as a couple but with other things as well. Here's how it all went down:

Him: "I have a surprise for you,"

Me: "Really?"

Him: "Uh huh, since we didn't get to do anything for our two year"
Me: "That's ok babe, you didn't have to get me anything"

Him: "But I wanted to and this is really special, I gave this to my mom" <-- this threw me off, you see Justin's mom passed away last year very unexpectedly and so I thought he gave her something and now he was giving it to me which started the welling up of the eyes...

Him: "I gave this to her to hold onto for me..." this was when he reached in his pocket and pulled out a black box and opened it. It being the wedding ring I wanted from Kay's.... this was also the part where I literally jumped backwards from him and started bawling

Him: "Will you marry me?" and of course I was crying so hard and started coughing and couldn't answer right away "Is that a yes?"

Me: "YES!!"




And then I lept on him and lots of tears (mainly on my part, but I'm pretty sure he was tearing up as well but ssssshhhh that's a secret!), hugging and kissing ensued =] My engagement ring and my wedding band fit together, I've always wanted one like this because my mom's ring does the same thing and I've always loved hers. I think it's unique and not something that everyone does.

Today we went and picked out his wedding band! He was iffy on the whole diamonds thing but I talked him into it =p

G'night all!

No comments: