Sunday, August 28, 2011

Maximum savings

So, those that know me also know that I've really gotten into using coupons and saving money whenever and wherever I can. But today I saved the most in one day that I'll EVER save.... let me start from the beginning:


We recently had to put our 16 year old Sheltie down. Her name was Summer and my family and I got her when I was 6. Putting a dog down is always extremely difficult, but of course I feel worse because we basically grew up together. Along with Summer we had another Sheltie named Bonnie. We got her about 3 years ago as a companion for Summer.


So today my parents, brother, my fiance and I drove to Orlando to see two girls from the breeder who we bought Bonnie from. Long story short, my parents bought both of them.

On the left is Kesha (yes like the singer) ...Ke$ha (lol), Breeze on the right and my big brother in the middle. Now for the huge savings... a purebred male Sheltie puppy could go for up to $1800 and the breeder said she was having such a hard time selling her male puppies that she would give me one... for FREE!

Meet Jax! He will be our newest edition. Justin and I now have 3 dogs! Hopefully you remember our first dog:

Sulley: 2 years old (hasn't he grown into a handsome boy?)

Brinkley: 6 Months (ever seen "You've Got Mail"? It's the name of Tom Hanks' dog in the movie) We got him roughly 2 months ago from the Humane Society. They say he's a retriever/lab mix but he looks more and more every day like he has Irish Setter in him. We think he's a retriever/setter mix.

And now enter Jax: we will pick him up at the end of September. He's our clearance puppy with a grand savings of about $1800! =D what a marvolous weekend!

Hope yours was just as good!

2 comments:

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

Great to see you back into blogging! :D I will be back soon enough

Katie Did said...

Come back soon shay!