Sunday, October 9, 2011

Charming Find/Publix trip

Well, it's been raining all weekend. I mean ALL weekend.... day and night! We thought it was bringing a cold front but to no avail. Because of the rain all my plans got derailed! Fancy owed me a trip to Wiregrass mall, which we were going to do on Sunday but with all the rain it wouldn't have been very fun.... seeing as Wiregrass is an outside mall. However, I was incredibly tired of being inside so I decided to venture out myself. By this time, it was just drizzling. I went to the mall, I only had about 30 minutes since it's Sunday, they close at 6:00 and of course I decided I was bored at 5:30. I only went to two stores and of those two stores was Charming Charlies. The first time I went to Charming Charlies I tried on this pair of hot pink wedges (looks better than they sound I swear!). This pair of shoes was a whopping $29.97, I decided at the time to pass. Well today I found them... on clearance... for $5.00!!!!!!
I don't own anything like these but I'm very excited to add them to my shoe collection! I'm sure I'll find something to wear with them =]

During my excursion Fancy called me and wanted to go to the store with me. Grocery shopping was something he and I used to do together all the time but we haven't gotten do go together in a while since I usually do all my shopping when I get out of work... seeing as I work at Publix and I would rather not go on my day off. Oh yes, one other thing, I've gotten really good at buying things that I can match up with a coupon and when Fancy is along for the ride I always end up getting things I don't have coupons for! However, today was an exception. I stopped by home and Fancy and I set off to the store. It wasn't going to be a very big shopping trip and it ended up being even smaller since they were out of a few items I was going to get. Here's a break down:

(12) Muellers Pasta (BOGO), $1.39 each
Used (12) $0.55/1 coupon
Bottom line: $1.74

(2) Olay Regenerists Products - Reg $6.99 and $8.99 Sale $3.99 and $5.99
Used (2) $3.00/1
AND (1) Target coupon $2.00/2
Bottom line: $1.98 for BOTH

(4) Classico Alfredo Sauce (BOGO), $2.47 each
No coupons
Bottom line: $4.94

(3) Healthy Choice Meals - Reg $2.39 each Sale $1.99 each
Used (1) $1.00/3 blinkie
Bottom line: $4.97

(5) Campbells soup - Reg $1.66 each Sale 5/$5.00 ($1.00 each)
Used (1) $0.40/3
And (1) Publix coupon $1.00/5
Bottom line: $3.60
(3) Frank's Hot Sauce - Reg $2.49 each Sale $1.99 each
Used (3) $0.50/1
Bottom line: $4.47

(2) Kellogg's cereal (BOGO), $3.99
No coupons
Bottom line: $3.99 --> this was one of Fancy's requests... at least it was BOGO

(1) Kellogg's cereal - $3.99
No coupons --> another one of Fancy's
Bottom line: $3.99

(1) Luigi's Italian Ice - $3.19
No coupons --> You guessed it
Bottom line: $3.19

(1) Glad to go containers - $2.99
Used (1) $1.00/1
Bottom line: $1.99

I also used one Publix coupon for $5.00/$20
AND the Sweetbay coupon for $5.00/$30
Total: $32.75
Tax: $1.19
Grand Total: $33.94
Saved: $58.77

Not my best trip but I'm filled up on pasta again! =D

No comments: