Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An Amazing Few Days

Sorry I've been MIA this past week, I have good excuses though! This post is probably going to be a bit on the looong side. Let's jump right in! I had this past week off (it was SO nice!) I didn't realize how badly I needed to just get away from work. This vacation really put me in an all around better mood. So Tuesday my good friend Liz and I went to Brandon to hang out. I wasn't really looking for anything other than maybe to check out what nail polishes Forever 21 had. Oh yeah, and maybe a dress because Wednesday Fancy and I were going to have a date night (but I'll get to that later on).
I successfully found some pretty polishes! L.A. Girl Cracked (bottle doesn't have a name but on the website it's called "Blast"), I was really excited about the L.A. Girl polish because it's the crackle polish! The Revlon polish I found outside of the mall in "Pure Pearl", love & beauty (from Forever21) in "Blue", and love & beauty (from Forever21) in "Purple". I think I'm going to use the red and the white together first. I'm really excited to see how the Cracked polish will look. I'm trying to get one of every "crackle" type polish out there to try it and find the best one.

I found a super cute dress from Hollister (and it was ON SALE. It was a $50 dress and I got it for around $15). Originally I thought it would look really cute with a pair of white strappy sandals but then I thought well maybe a pair of white tennis shoes (like the kind the Baby wore in Dirty Dancing). In the Brandon mall there is a newer store called "Cotton On". It's this super cool store with really cute clothes that are paired with affordable prices(!). It was at this store that I found my "Baby" shoes.
I love these! They're perfect for my dress! I was very excited with my small purchases and I was even more excited for Wednesday! I had to keep myself busy on Wednesday because while I had it off Fancy had to work. Luckily the day went by fast because I hung out with my MOH and future sister-in-law, Leah. Fancy really stressed that I be ready when he got to the house so we could leave immediately. I made sure I was ready, even watched for his car out the peephole. When he got the the house he had to go inside for a minute (go figure). We made great time getting to the restaurant (since we made such good time we stopped at ABC to get some champagne, I didn't really think anything of this, just thought it was for when we got home), we went to this place called Trolley's.
It was this little place tucked away in the Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown Tampa. The food was very tasty and reasonably priced. During dinner Fancy left (he said to use the restroom) and he was gone for a while! I was getting worried and texted him to make sure he was ok (making sure he didn't fall in! Haha). When he got back and we were done with dinner, he wanted to explore the hotel. So we wandered around, Fancy wanted to show me the view so we took the elevator to the 16th floor... which I thought was weird because there were 18 floors. Why not just go all the way up? We stop in one of the hallways and my man pulls out a room key!! He rented a room for the night so we could stay and enjoy some time alone together (sans puppies). I was SO excited! But of course I'm like "I didn't bring any clothes!!" But I should have known, he had packed a bag for us the night before (complete with bathing suits!) and the reason he went into the apartment before we left was to pack the bathroom bag really quick.
Here is the front room
This was the hall leading to the bedroom complete with mini fridge! Remember that champagne we stopped for? Yeah, he put it in the fridge (which was why he was gone for so long at dinner! He had to get the car from valet and put everything in the room!)
The KING size bed! This bed was enormous and very comfy!!
More of the bedroom! It was so big!
At dinner this couple got this amazing looking chocolate cake and I really wanted some but I was SO full! So around 10:30 I looked at Fancy and said "I want chocolate!" He says "Maybe if you think about it really hard, you'll get some!" So to humor him, this is what I did. Then, out of nowhere, there's a knock on the front door! Justin goes and brings me back this piece of cake all the while saying "You are good! How'd you do that?!" Haha! He had set up room service to bring cake at 10:30!! It just so happened that that was the time I got a craving for chocolate!! I LOVED this whole experience, it was just amazing. I feel really lucky to have found such an amazing man.


Thursday was going to be a crazy day because in the afternoon we were leaving on a road trip to Indiana! We were going to the USF v. Notre Dame football game!!
Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indiana has a LOT of corn fields!
Fancy and I in front of "Touchdown Jesus" (yes it's really called this) on campus. Their campus was huge and really beautiful!
It was an awesome game! We won (after 6 hours because of the rain delays) 23-20! GO BULLS! This was a once in a lifetime experience. Who knows when they'll play each other again (if ever)!

No comments: