Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nuts, Crazy, Obsessed For Polish! (Don't judge me Monkey!) ^_^

Good evening all! I've got some stuff to tell y'all about. So in my last post I blogged about some Kleancolor polishes that I ordered from Amazon. Well I got them the following day (the 15th guess crossing your fingers DOES work!) and man was I excited! I had walked to the mailbox that day half expecting not to get my polishes that day but there they were (and nicely packed I might say!). I opened the box eagerly and while I'm happy with most of the colors, I was not happy with two of them.
Here's the picture of the polishes straight off the Amazon website.
Here are my polishes in the same order as the picture above for quick comparison. Take a look at the first polish in mine and the picture from Amazon. In the first picture (Amazon) the color looks like it has a silvery undertone, I was expecting this color to be more of like a Steel color, when in fact it's actually Black. Next, take a look at the color second to last, take a moment to compare them. In Amazon's picture this color is more copper and has a metallic shine to it. My color, called "Mocha" is pretty flat. Despite those colors I'm still pretty excited to eventually try them all! The same day I got my package in the mail I wandered around target looking for a brown polish (because I don't have one) and settled on one from Sally Hansen called "Forbidden Fudge". Later that day I picked the other beaut from Forever21 called "Pewter".  


Yesterday I rummaged through my nail polish basket and decided to paint my nails some sort of pink. I decided to go with a hot pink! However I think it has some orange undertones or something because in the light it doesn't look like your typical hot pink.

See what I mean? I didn't really like it at first but I'm liking it more now, I used #109 "Pink Promenade Creme", phew say that 5 times fast! This was my first time using the NYC brand and I must say that for .94 it went on pretty smooth and dried fast. I really could have gotten away with only doing one coat but decided to do the usual two coast anyways. I'm going to try a little experiment but I'll get to that next.

Today, while Fancy had his eyes glued to the TV (love him!), since it IS Sunday and for any man that means Sunday all day football. I decided to hit up Sally's Beauty to see if I could find anything pretty. Also, my friend Emily has been using a brand of polish called Color Club. All the colors that she showed were SO pretty! But I couldn't find it anywhere (other than Amazon and it was something like $6.00 a bottle!). Luckily she was nice enough to let me in on the secret as to where it's are sold! Ready for this? Ross (carries the sets) and Bed Bath and Beyond (carries the singles, that is if your store has an HBC section. Unfortunately the only store that has an HBC section is back in my home town! None in Tampa). So today I took a trip to Ross to see if I could find some sets of Color Club polish.
 JACKPOT!!! And the sets are $7.99!! The first set is called "Starry Temptress" because all the colors have pretty pretty sparkles in them! I finally own some neon colors and I'm beyond stoked! The colors are: "Space Case", "Ultra-Astral", "Wink, Wink, Twinkle", "You Got Soul-Ar", "Glitter Envy", "Otherworldly", "Starry Temptress TopCoat". The second set is called "Back to BOHO". These will be prefect for the upcoming Fall season! The colors are: "Boho Mojo", "Nouveau Vintage", "Voodoo You Do", "Artsy Crafty", "Blue-Topia", "Rebel Spirit", and a TopCoat. I also found another set of Neons, pretty much the same as the first set sans glitter.... I didn't get it but maybe I'll go back for it! Why say no when it feels oh so good to say YES! Hehe! 

On to my Sally Beauty trip. This was also successful!
I couldn't get a good picture of this polish in the bottle so I did a little swatch on some white paper.
Ooooh yes! This is China Glaze "Midtown Magic". I bought a really pretty turquoise color a while back from China Glaze and was happy with the color on my nails but was not happy with how quickly it chipped and when I took it off I had to cut all my nails back because they were so flimsy after using the China Glaze polish. However, I could not pass up this gorgeousness so hopefully China Glaze, you do not let me down again! Sooooo remember that experiment I was talking about earlier? Well part of it is in the next picture.
This is my first Orly polish! ...And also my first polish to do nail art with. Yup, that's my experiment! I'm going to make an attempt at some designs (very VERY simple ones mind you, so don't get too excited!). Anyways, back to my Orly polish! I'm pretty stoked about this color. It's called "Rock Solid". I've been getting into the more glittery looking polishes as of late and this one spares no expense!

Today was a good day and I still got my cleaning tasks done =] What better way to reward yourself than with some beautiful polishes?! ^_____^

No comments: