Saturday, December 17, 2011

Long time no blog

Hello gang! Sorry for the extended absence.... there's really no excuse! I think it was mainly because my polish obsession was getting a weeeee bit out of control and I went through a period where my nails were really brittle. I had to give them a break (haha no pun intended).


I can honestly say I went a good two months or more where I didn't buy a single bottle of nail polish! I refused to look at them, I didn't go to Ross to find good deals on Colorclub...I haven't  even been to Ulta in months! It was this week that I decided it would be ok to look. I had some greeting card coupons to CVS I wanted to use that had dates that were close to expiring but the CVS I went to didn't carry the brand that my coupons covered (figures). Instead of leaving right away I wandered over to the makeup section to see if they had anything interesting on sale. I immediately saw that there were clearance stickers on some of the Sally Hansen polishes! A wooping 75% off!! I found three =]


I wish I hadn't taken the picture on my Christmas table cloth... it doesn't help that the tablecloth is red >_< oops. Anyways, these polishes normally retail for $5.49 each but I got them for $1.37 each! To top it off, I had a $3 extrabuck that I'd been hanging onto so I ended up paying $1.40 for all three!! I ended up saving $15.36! What a great deal!


The following day after I got off work I decided to take advantage of some of the sales that were going to be ending the next day. I got a pretty sweet haul for absolutely nothing!
Here's what I bought and what coupon(s) I used:
(2) Puffs - 2/$3.00 = $3.00
Used (2) coupons that made them free when you buy any 2 Vicks products.
Bottom Line: FREE!


(2) Theraflu Severe Cough and Cold - $5.39 ea. = $10.78
Used (2) Publix coupons - $2.00 off ANY theraflu
Used (2) manufacturer coupons - $2.00 off ANY theraflu
Bottom Line: $2.78 for both


(4) Carmex - $0.99 ea. = $3.96
Used (2) manufacturer coupons - $1.00 off ANY two carmex
Bottom Line: $1.96 for all 4


(4) Vicks Nyquil travel size - $1.27 ea = $5.16
Used (2) manufacturer coupons - Free Puffs wyb 2 vicks products (size was not specified on coupons)
Used (4) Publix coupons - $1.00 off ANY size Vicks product (these coupons were expired but my Publix takes expired coupons)
Bottom Line: $1.16 for all 4 plus two free puffs!


(2) Sundown vitamins Folic Acid - $3.79 ea. =  $7.58
Used (2) Publix coupons - $3.00 off Sundown vitamins
Used (1) manufacturer coupon - $3.00 off ANY 2
Bottom Line: $1.42 MONEY MAKER


(6) Sundown vitamins Papaya Enzyme - $3.99 ea. = $23.94
Used (6) Publix coupons - $3.00 off Sundown vitamins
Used (1) manufacturer coupon - $3.00 off ANY 2
Used (4) manufacturer coupons - $1.00 off ANY 1
Bottom Line: $1.06 MONEY MAKER


Before all my coupons my total was just over $50 so I was able to use:
(1) $5.00 off $30 Winn Dixie coupon
(1) $5.00 off $20 Publix coupon


For a graaaaand total oooooof   -$3.37  ^__________^

No comments: