Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hello all and Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! My Christmas was great and my New Year was nice and quiet, spent with family. I think maybe next year we'll venture out! This year is going to be very busy but that's ok because it's going to be a great one!! In 4 months I'll be married to the man of my dreams!! I couldn't be more excited that it's almost here, finally when people ask me when I'm getting married I can say THIS YEAR!!! We started our wedding planning more than a year ago so it's been a long time coming! So to bring in the new year I did a happy new year mani! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it, by the time I decided I was going to blog about it, it had chipped. Here's what I used though:
First I painted the top coat with China Glaze Champagne Bubbles. I actually found this on clearance at Ulta! Next I used this awesome polish my future sister-in-law got me for Christmas!
It's Kleancolor Firework. This polish went perfectly with the champagne bubbles! It was super cute and went on really smooth (which I was surprised about since the glitter pieces are pretty large.) I didn't go crazy and slather it on my nails, I placed the glitter thinly on all my nails. This is probably why it wasn't rough after I put my top coat on. It lasted a good four days before the chipping began which I think is pretty good since I'm constantly using my hands while at work. I also got a lot of compliments on it =]


As one of my New Years Resolutions I have vowed to be more organized and to really tackle the clutter on my desk (and more importantly... keep the clutter off *cough cough*) so my first step was to find a really good organizer (I figured this would come in handy for scheduling all the appointments for the wedding too!) I found this one on Amazon for $12, there's a blog that I absolutely LOVE (it really inspired me to get more organized). Here's the organizer:
It helped that it was super cute =] and the blog is called The Nest Effect, it's full of awesome ideas! 


Tonight Fancy is taking me to a dinner party that's being thrown by the new company he works for. I'm really excited because I get to dress up!! More on that later! 


I'm off to do some more organizing! Hopefully I can get Fancy to take out the Christmas Tree this weekend. It seems no matter how many times I vacuum the dogs always seem to find some Christmas tree needles!

No comments: